Call 817-348-6723 or 817-DIVORCE

Tarrant County Family Court Order Enforcement Attorney

Fort Worth, TX Enforcement of Orders Lawyer

Experienced Enforcement of Orders Lawyer in Fort Worth, TX

Most people who go through family law proceedings genuinely—and reasonably—hope that a final divorce decree, or a final child custody order, will be the end of a case. It would make sense that once a judge has decided who pays child support, distributed marital property, or established a child custody schedule, their word is final. The same should, in theory, be true when the parties have resolved their case by mutual agreement. Unfortunately, not everyone respects or follows court orders. If you have been left sitting alone at your designated custody exchange site wondering where the other parent and your child is, or if you have waited for months after your divorce for your spouse to start paying the alimony they were ordered to, there are steps you can take to address these issues.

J. Kevin Clark, an experienced family law attorney located in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metro Area, can help you enforce your existing court order. The Law Office of J. Kevin Clark P.C. will support your right to have your child custody, child support, or divorce decree respected. We can help you take steps to bring the other party into compliance and take legal action if necessary.

Enforcing a Divorce Decree in Tarrant County

After going through the entire challenging process of getting divorced, you have every right to expect that what the divorce decree says is final. However, if it has been several months, and your former spouse has not turned over property allocated to you, has not moved out of the marital residence or listed it for sale like they were supposed to, or has not begun paying alimony, it may be time to contact an attorney.

Often, a strongly-worded notice from a law office is enough to get a former spouse to begin complying with their requirements. The threat of legal action may convince your spouse to hand over any property you are entitled to. However, if this does not work, further proceedings can be initiated.

Law Firm for Enforcing Child Custody Orders

Some parents refuse to sacrifice any time with their child, even after being ordered to share custody time. It can be very alarming for a parent when their children fail to arrive for a custody handoff as expected. You may be left wondering whether the other parent has kidnapped your children, relocated without permission, or has simply forgotten about a scheduled handoff.

Courts tend to take violations of child custody orders very seriously. As a parent, you have the right to spend time with your child in accordance with your court orders. The noncompliant parent could be found in contempt of court if the court finds that the violation was willful. You may receive make-up custody time, or the court may even find it necessary to adjust the custody schedule to reflect the other parent's failure to foster a relationship between you and your child.

Child Support Enforcement in Texas

Texas offers a number of tools for parents who are not receiving the child support they should be. While there may be some leniency if your co-parent is simply not capable of paying due to job loss or a similar hardship, courts take blatant refusals to financially support one's child seriously.

The court may suspend a non-paying parent's driver's license in addition to any professional or recreational license they hold until they comply. Wage garnishment can sometimes be an option. A lien could be placed on their property, including any bank accounts, forcing them to pay. They may also have their passport suspended to prevent them from fleeing the country.

Contact a Keller, TX Post-Divorce Enforcement Attorney

The Law Office of J. Kevin Clark P.C. is committed to helping divorced people and parents enforce the court orders they have in place. Mr. Clark and our team will do all we can to see to it that your co-parent or former spouse will comply with existing court orders. Contact us at 817-348-6723 for a free initial consultation.

Back to Top