Call 817-348-6723 or 817-DIVORCE

Tarrant County Complex Asset Division Lawyer

Fort Worth, TX Lawyer for Complex Property Divorces

Securing Your Fair Share in Tarrant County Divorce Cases

Divorce is rarely as quick and simple as people would like. The end of your marriage can be a very stressful time in your life, whether you are trying to resolve your divorce out of court or through litigation. When you have complex property issues to resolve, you need the best legal representation you can find. Attorney J. Kevin Clark is highly experienced in divorce cases that involve complicated divisions of property such as high-value assets, family-owned businesses, and retirement assets. He will take the time to thoroughly investigate, gather evidence, and put forth the strongest case possible on your behalf. You should be able to maintain your lifestyle as closely as possible after your divorce, and we will strive to ensure that you get a fair and satisfactory outcome.

You have more choices than you may realize when it comes to dividing complex assets, and we will counsel you on each possibility. We will listen when you tell us what type of arrangement would be best for you and your children, if you have any, and we will fight for the result that is best for you. Whether or not you earned income during your marriage, you have certain rights when it comes to your marital property. Our law firm will work to uphold your rights and achieve the best possible result for you.

Dividing Retirement Assets for Older Adults

If you or your spouse are nearing retirement age or have already retired, how your retirement savings will be divided is likely to be a significant issue in your divorce case. When you no longer have the option of working to support yourself, getting your fair share of any retirement accounts or assets is critical. We find that many older adults can reach mutually agreeable solutions through mediation, avoiding costly court battles.

Even if only your spouse worked for pay during the marriage, you are still generally entitled to half of their contributions to a 401k or other investment and savings accounts.

Legal Representation When You Need Alimony

While courts are more reluctant to grant spousal support now than they were 50 years ago, there are still many cases where alimony is appropriate. If you were a homemaker and would need substantial job training before being ready for a job that would allow you to support yourself, you might be entitled to temporary support. If you have disabilities that prevent you from earning enough to live on, or if you are caring for a disabled child full-time, you may also receive spousal support. The longer you were married, the more likely you are to be legally entitled to alimony.

Dividing a Family Business

If you and your spouse were in business together, you have options. You may choose to continue working together and dividing profits if you are amicable. Or, you may elect to have one spouse buy out the other's ownership interest. Selling the company is another option. We will work with you to identify the most beneficial solution.

Dividing Income-Earning Real Estate Properties

Dividing the family home can be challenging enough, but ownership of property that generates income can make a divorce even more complex. If you and your spouse are residential or commercial landlords, you will need to determine how best to divide the income-earning properties. This may involve splitting rent profits and sharing responsibility for repairs or selling a property and dividing the profit.

How to Divide Investment Accounts in Divorce

If you and your spouse have investment accounts, like a stock portfolio, dividing them may be complicated. It can be difficult to predict how investments will appreciate or depreciate in the future, so you must find a way to share the risks and rewards fairly. This may mean dividing stocks down the middle so that you each keep stocks in the same companies, splitting the potential profits or losses evenly, or one or both of you may opt to cash out your shares at market value.

Contact an Arlington, TX Complex Property Division Attorney

The Law Office of J. Kevin Clark P.C. is highly skilled in guiding divorcing spouses through complex property division. Dedicated Tarrant County divorce lawyer J. Kevin Clark will do all he can to ensure that you receive every bit of marital property that is rightfully yours. Contact us at 817-348-6723 for a complimentary initial consultation.

Back to Top