We are open for consultations and are mindful of the guidelines to help prevent spread of disease. We are offering video consultations and conferences. Call us at 817-348-6723.

Spousal Support & Child Support in Texas

Support Obligations After Divorce

Whether you are seeking to collect spousal support and child support, or you want to prevent unmanageable obligations, it is important to know your rights and the law. At The Law Office of J. Kevin Clark P.C. in Fort Worth, Texas, we are experienced in helping our clients navigate the family court system to achieve optimal results in settlement or at trial. Our lawyers will evaluate your personal situation, identify your objectives and work to ensure that you have the financial security you need after divorce.

Child Support

Child support obligations are calculated based on state child support guidelines that consider the income of both parties and any other considerations based on a child’s needs. Any variance must be in the best interests of the child. While the courts adhere to the guidelines, it is important that the correct information is presented to ensure that you can collect support or ensure reasonable payments. Our Fort Worth child support attorneys handle cases involving:

Spousal Support or Alimony in TX

In the state of Texas, a dependent spouse may be entitled to spousal support or alimony after a divorce. These obligations are based on need and can be permanent or temporary. The laws related to spousal support are always changing so it is important to work with an experienced attorney who can evaluate your personal circumstances. Factors that may affect support obligations include the duration of marriage, earning capacity of both spouses, standard of living and whether or not there was domestic violence.

For an initial consultation directly with our Tarrant County spousal support attorney, please call 817-348-6723 or contact us by e-mail. We invite you to take action as soon as possible to protect your rights involving family law or a civil dispute.