“The Law office of Kevin Clark is amazing and a breath of fresh air. The entire team is friendly, professional, and attentive to the matters; gathering the facts, and then providing effective representation to get you to a resolution.” - Andy W.
“Mr. Clark handled my legal transaction in a very timely and professional manner.” - Former Client
“Lisa Peterchuck was wonderful to work with. She walked me thru every aspect of my case and advised me on how serious the issue was and what we should, and also, what we should not do.” - Michael W.
“J. Kevin Clark P.C. and his team are fantastic hands down! When I meet Kevin I was so lost. My divorce case was extremely contested. Kevin, and his team helped me with the entire process.” - Ryan H.
“There are few attorneys who understand the complexities of divorcing a spouse who is emotionally, psychologically, or financially abusive.” - Shannon T.
Fort Worth Airline Employee Custody & Visitation Lawyer
Attentive and Professionally Prepared Attorneys with 70+ Years of Experience
To say that many people who work for American Airlines and other airlines have unusual work schedules compared to those in other occupations is an understatement. This lifestyle can pose unusual custody and visitation challenges when it comes to dividing time with children during and after divorce, as custody and parenting decisions are typically based on how much time the parent spends regularly with the child.
At the Law Office of J. Kevin Clark P.C., we know that quality time with your child is vital — and so is your job. With more than 70 years of combined experience negotiating difficult custody and visitation plans, our firm has helped many airline employees negotiate a fair custody and visitation arrangement despite their unusual work schedule. Let the Law Office of J. Kevin Clark P.C. help you find manageable solutions for your divided family.
Call (817) 241-3328 or contact our firm online for a free consultation to discuss your unique legal options.
Negotiating Workable Parenting Solutions
With our firm’s long-standing presence in Fort Worth, obtaining workable child custody and visitation outcomes for airline employees is familiar territory. We have experience creating detailed parenting plans for pilots, flight attendants, and their spouses. You can trust us to help you find solutions and form strategies to:
- negotiate a “variable possession order” and/or departures from standard visitation schedules that maximize your time with your children while meeting the demands of your work schedule;
- establish notice requirements and guidelines for timely communication if one or both parents must bid a new schedule each month;
- overcome objections often presented by pilots’ and flight attendants’ divorcing spouses — such as the argument that accommodating the other parent’s schedule disrupts children’s lives.
The Child’s Best Interests
Keep in mind that, as with any custody matter, the court will approve or decide upon a parenting plan as proposed above based on the child’s best interests. Such factors will include:
- the preferences of the child, if they are over 12 years old;
- which parent is the child's primary caregiver;
- the relationships between the child and each parent;
- the physical, mental, and emotional health of the child;
- if the child has any special needs, and how well each parent can meet those needs;
- each parent's capacity to perform parental responsibilities;
- each parent's capacity to raise the child in a safe, stable, loving environment;
- the child's adjustment to their home, school, and community;
- the child’s relationship to any siblings or other family members;
- either parent’s history of domestic violence, physical or sexual abuse, neglect, substance abuse, or any other act that could endanger the child.
As long as the parenting plan addresses your work schedule as an airline employee and proposes methods for dealing with that kind of changing schedule with attention to your child’s best interests, your right to custody and parenting time with your child should not be infringed upon.
Get the Results You Deserve with a Team You Can Trust
Serving clients in Ft. Worth, throughout Tarrant County, and greater Texas.
Close, interactive, communication ensures alignment with a clients' most important goals.
Prompt access to your lawyer from day one addressing your concerns and beyond.
Skilled representation across a wide spectrum of divorce and family law matters.
Voted as a "Top Attorney" in Ft Worth Tx: The City's Magazine - by his peers.
Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1987.
Let's Get Started
How Can We Help?